Insulating efficiency is an important consideration to most homeowners. Our Cedar Raised Panel doors offer many benefits in that regard. Unlike steel doors which can conduct heat and cold through the metal even when insulated, wood doors have a natural insulating value that can be enhanced by the addition of our optional insulation package. Additionally, wood doors can be easily fitted and weather-stripped in irregular openings, which is nearly impossible with steel doors. This is critical because most heat loss occurs by air infiltration around the perimeter of a door, not through it.
- 1-3/8″ thick select grade clear Hemlock stile and rail frame (no finger
- Clear edge glued Western Red Cedar raised panels(mixed grain,
no knots) are treated with wood preservative before assembly
- All joints feature deep mortise and tenon construction, and are glued
and pinned for superior strength
- All rails exceed industry standard: 5″ for top and bottom, and 4-1/4″
per pair for intermediates
- High grade Hemlock lumber provides the structural strength to the
frame of the door sections. It is a very light color with a consistent grain.
- Western Red Cedar has a natural resistance to decay, making it an
ideal panel material. Cedar exhibits a wide variation in grain patterns
and color, ranging from almost white to a medium brown. Panels may
consist of several boards joined edge to edge, which improves quality
and stability. Variations in appearance within a panel may be
apparent when transparent stains or finishes are used.